Authors: T. Safranov, T. Shanina, T. Panchenko
The main goal of this research is medical waste, scientific classification and their treatment in Ukraine. The results based on analyses of different types of classification. The new classification had been done according of three categories. There are waste from veterinary clinics; human waste of medical institutions and municipal waste. Waste from veterinary clinics is specific category because contains specific microbes, toxins animal and vegetable origin. The municipal waste also consists on all types of medical waste except of nuclear and located on the dumping place. The danger medical waste must be separate and isolated from the general part of municipal waste and subjected to recycling. The principles of treatment: removal, destruction, disposal after disinfection, industrial processing had been proposed depends on ecological situation and component compounds. This classification is key element of the management system of medical waste.
Tags: classification; environment; medical waste; waste composition; waste management
- SanPiN 184.108.40.2068-99. Pravila sbora, hraneniya i udaleniya othodov lechebno-profilakticheskih uchrezhdeniy [Terms of the collection, storage and disposal of health care institutions waste]. Moscow, 2010. 12 p.
- SanPiN 220.127.116.1190-10. Sanitarno-epidemiologicheskie trebovanija k obrashheniju s medicinskimi othodami [Sanitary requirements for the medical waste treatment]. Moscow, 2010. 18 p.
- Gurіna І.V. Liki Ukrainі – Medicines of Ukraine, 2012, no. 4 (21), pp. 51-54.
- Prodanchuk M.G., Povjakel L.І., Bobilova O.O., Berezhnov S.P. Suchasnі problemi toksikologії – Modern problems of toxicology, 2012, no. 1, pp. 57–68.
- Prots’ N. Ekologіja. Pravo. Ljudina – Ecology. Right. Human, 2013, no. 19–20 (59–60), pp. 103-116.
- Salmanov А. Praktika upravlіnnja medichnim zakladom – Practice Facility Management, 2012, vol.10, pp. 53-63.
- Popovich O.R., Atchishin U.J., Malovanij M.S., Javorіvs’ka І.M., Popovich N.J. Vіsnik L’vіvs’kogo nacіonal’nogo unіversitetu «L’vіvs’ka polіtehnіka»: Hіmіja, tehnologіja rechovin ta їh zastosuvannja – Bulletin of the Lviv National University “Lviv Polytechnic”: Chemistry, Technology Vìsn. Odes. derž. ekol. unìv., 2015, No 19
- Zueva L.P. (Ed.). Othody uchrezhdenij zdravoohranenija: sovremennoe sostojanie problemy, puti reshenija [Waste of health institutions: the current state of problems and solutions]. Saint-Petersburg, 2003, 43 p.
- Boravskij B.V., Boravskaja T.V., Desjatkova K.S. Spravochnoe rukovodstvo po obrashheniju s othodami lechebno-profilakticheskih uchrezhdeniyah [Reference for waste management of health care institutions]. Moscow: World Press, 2006, 432 p.