Authors: D.Y. Vel'myskyn, Y.V. Buchynskaya, K.S. Murkyna
The article deals with noise-proof, highly sensitive and accurate signal processing algorithms in the up-per-air radiosonde ranging stages, telemetry signal isolation, calculation of meteorological parameters. The effectiveness of the proposed algorithms performed by computational experiment for coherent and incoherent detector. The experiment was conducted using a computer. Both used the detector output MAV-PLL demodulator in order to obtain a reliable algorithm for both detectors used identical input. Science Experiment results show that the coherent detector signal probe identifies clearly better at low signal to noise ratio. At -8 dB gives a false signal value of the probe. A similar pattern was repeated at lower values of signal-to-noise -11 dB. During the experiments, there has been a steady gap detection threshold of the coherent detector 3-4 dB.
Tags: demodulator; probability; probe; selection; telemetry; сигнал
- Marpl-ml. S.L., Tsyfrovoy spektral’nyy analyz y eho prylozhenyya [Digital Spectral Analysis and Its Applications]. Moskva: Myr, 1990.
- Steven M. Kay. Fundamentals of Statistical Signal Processing, Volume I: Estimation Theory, Prentice Hall PTR March 26, 1993.
- Monson H. Hayes. Statistical Digital Signal Processing and Modeling, Wiley, March 1, 1996.
- Anderson R.R., Bennett W.R., Davey J.R., Salz J. Differential detection of binary FM, Bell Sysr. Tech. J., 1965, vol. 44, pp. 111-170.
- Masamura T., Samejima S., Morihiro Y., Fuketa H., Differential detection of MSK with nonredundant error correction. IEEE Trans. Conimun., 1978, vol. 26, pp. 912-918.
- Heinrich Meyr, Gerd Ascheid, Digital Communication Receivers, Phase-, Frequency-Locked Loops, and Amplitude Control, Wiley-Interscience, March 1990.
- Kelly C.N., Gupta S.C., The Digital Phase-Locked Loop as a Near-Optimum FM Demodulator, IEEE Transactions on Communications, June 1972.
- Patapoutian Ara, On Phase-Locked Loops and Kalman Filters, IEEE Transactions on Communications, vol 47, no. 5, May 1999.
- Polk D.R., Gupta S.C., Quasi-Optimum Digital Phase-Locked Loops, IEEE Transactions on Communications, Jan 1973.
- Sage A.P., White C.C.I. Optimum system control. Prentice-Hall Inc., Englewood Clis, N.J., 2nd edition edition, 1977.
- Alan L. McBride, On Optimum Sampled-Data FM demodulation, IEEE Transactions on Communications, no. 1, January, 1973 pp. 40-50.
- Efymov A.A., Pryntsyp raboty aэrolohycheskoho ynformatsyonno-vychyslytel’noho kompleksa AVK-1 [The principle of operation of upperair data processing complex AVK-1]. Moskovskyy hydrometeorolohycheskyy tekhnykum, 1989.
- Meyr H., Ascheid G. Synchronization in Digital Communications, vol 1, Wiley, New York, 1990.
- Gardner F.M. Phaselock Techniques, Wiley, New York, 1979.
- John L. Stensby. Phase-Locked Loops: Theory and Applications, CRC, June 19, 1997.
- Brennan P.V. Phase-Locked Loops: Principles and Practice, McGraw-Hill Professional, May 1, 1996.
- Katsuhisa Furuta. State Variable Methods in Automatic Control, John Wiley & Sons, October 26, 1988.
- Sage, Andrew P. Melsa, Estimation Theory with Applications to Communications and Control, McGraw-Hill Book Co., 1971.
- Harry L. Van Trees. Detection, Estimation, and Modulation Theory, Part I, Wiley-Interscience, Reprint edition, September 27, 2001.
- Van Trys H. Teoryya obnaruzhenyya, otsenok y modulyatsyy. Tom 1 [Theory of detection, evaluation and modulation. Volume 1]. Moscow: «Sov. radyo», 1972.
- Van Trys H. Teoryya obnaruzhenyya, otsenok y modulyatsyy. Tom 2 [Theory of detection, evaluation and modulation. Volume 2], Moscow: «Sov. radyo», 1975.