Authors: Tuchkovenko Yu.S., Kozlov M.O.
The article evaluates inputs of various natural and anthropogenic factors to the formation of water balance of Khadzhibeyskyi Liman under the present-day conditions. We discovered that in the latest decades, due to climate changes, annual deficiency in the liman’s natural water balancedoubled. In order to compensate this deficiency the liman should be replenished with water from anthropogenic sources, the most significant of which include discharge from the Pivnichna biological treatment plant and two drainage pump stations.
Study of anthropogenic factors’ impact on annual variability of the liman’s water level was carried out using a water balance model verified based on observations conducted in 2006-2010. Based on the modelling results it was found that in order to stabilize the liman’s water level and to prevent existence of long-term tendencies of its significant increase or decrease, it is expedient to discharge water from the Pivnichna biological treatment plant into the liman in May-September. During other months water can be discharged into adjacent water area of the Black Sea. In case no water discharge from anthropogenic sources is initiated but disposed into the sea instead, the yearly decline of the liman’s water level would be equal to 0.40 m on an average. Continual overthe-year water discharge from the Pivnichna biological treatment plant and other anthropogenic sources into the liman would ensure a yearly average water level rise of 0.2 m.
Tags: Khadzhibeyskyi Liman; modelling; regulation; the Black Sea; water balance; water level; водный баланс; водный баланс; моделирование; моделирование; регулирование; регулирование; уровень воды; уровень воды; Хаджибейский лиман; Хаджибейский лиман; Черное море; Черное море
- Tuchkovenko Yu. S., Ivanov V. A., Sapko О. Yu. Otsenka vliyaniya beregovykh antropogennykh istochnikov na kachestvo vod Odesskogo rayona severo-zapadnoy chasti Chernogo morya [Assessment of coastal anthropogenic sources impact on water quality in north-western part of Black Sea near Odessa]. Marine Hydrophysical Institute of NASU; Odessa State Environmental University. Sevasto-pol, 2011. 169 p.
- Passport of The Malyy Kuyal’nik River. State Design-Research Institute “Ukrpivdendiprovodhosp”. Odessa, 1992. 130 p. (In Russian)
- Passport of The Svinaya River. State Design-Research Institute “Ukrpivdendiprovodhosp”. Odessa, 1992. 60 p. (In Russian)
- Rozengurt M. Sh. Gidrologiya i perspektivy rekonstruktsii prirodnykh resursov Odesskikh limanov [Hydrology and Prospects for Natural Resources Rearrangement in the La-goons of the Odessa Region]. Kiev: Naukova dumka, 1974. 224 pp.
- Timchenko V. M. Ekologo-gidrologicheskie issledovaniya vodoemov Severo-Zapadnogo Prichernomor’ya [Environ-mental and Hydrological Researches into the Water Bodies in the North-Western Black Sea Region]. Institute of Hydrobiology of NASU. Kyev: Naukova Dumka, 1990. 240 p.
- Polischuk V. S., Zambriborsch F. S., Timchenko V. M. et al. Limany Severnogo Prichernomor’ya [Limans of Northern Black Sea Regions]. Kiev, Naukova dumka, 1990. р. 204.
- Shakirzanova Zh. R. Assessment of Hadzhibeysky estuary and forecasting possible water level in it. Ukr. gìdrometeorol. ž. – Ukr. hydrometeor. J., 2015, no. 16, pp. 156-163. http://uhmj.odeku.edu.ua/en/category/2015-en/16-en/. (In Ukrainian )
- Aktual’nye problemy limanov severo-zapadnogo Prichernomor’ya [Actual problems of estuaries of North-Western Black Sea Region]. Odessa, 2012. 224 p. (Eds: Yu. S. Tuchkovenko, E. D. Gopchenko).
- Water balance of Khadzhibei estuary under various conditions of its existence: Final research report (Research leader Ye. D. Gopchenko). Database of the State Scientific Organisation “Ukrainian Institute of Scientific and Technical Expertise and Information”, library of Odessa State Environmental University, State registration no. 0111U010352, 2011. 86 p. (In Ukrainian)
- Grib O. M. Methodology of assessment of probable overfill of Khadzhibei estuary – reservoir (by the example of May of 2015). Natural resource potential of Kuyalnik and Khadzhibei estuaries, the territory between the estuaries: Modern state, outlook of development: Proceedings of All-Ukrainian theoretical and practical conference (Odessa, 18-20 November 2015). Odessa: TES, 2015, pp. 34-37. (In Ukrainian)
- Grib O. M. On possibility of use of the existent artificial reservoir in the mouth of the Svynna river for a decrease in the water level in Khadzhibei estuary for water level tag higher than 1.5 m BS. Natural resource potential of Kuyalnik and Khadzhibei estuaries, the territory between the estuaries: modern state, outlook of development: Proceed-ings of All-Ukrainian theoretical and practical conference (Odessa, 18-20 November 2015). Odessa: TES, 2015, pp. 37-39. (In Ukrainian)
- A project of maximum permissible discharge of pollutants, exported with the returned water from the enterprises of an “INFOXVODOKANAL” affiliated branch into the internal sea water area of the Black Sea and the Dniestr river. State Scientific Organisation “The Research and Development Institute of the Merchant Marine of Ukraine”. Odessa, 2010. 209 p. (In Russian)
- Weather archive in Odessa (1965-2015). Meteorological stations № 33837 (WMO ID). http://www.tutiempo.net (accessed 15 April 2016). (In Ukrainian)
- Grebin V. V. Suchasnyy vodnyy rezhym richok Ukrayiny (landshaftno-hidrolohichnyy analiz) [The modern water conditions of Ukrainian rivers (landscape-hydrological analysis)]. Kyyiv, 2010. 316 p.
- Tuchkovenko Yu. S, Loboda N. S, Gryb O. M. et al. Vodni resursy ta hidroekolohichnyy stan Tyligul’s’koho lymanu [Water resources and hydroecological conditions of the Tyligulskyi Liman Lagoon]. Odessa: TES, 2014, 277 p. (Eds: Yu. S. Tuchkovenko, N. S. Loboda)
- Loboda N. S., Serbova Z. F., Bozhok Yu. V. Impact of climate change on water resources of Ukraine in present and future conditions (under scenarios of global warming А1В). Ukr. gìdrometeorol. ž. – Ukr. hydrometeor. J., 2014, no. 15, pp. 149-159. http://uhmj.odeku.edu.ua/en/ category/2014-en-2/15-en-2/ (In Ukrainian)
- Loboda N. S., Bozhok Yu. V. Water resources of Ukraine in the XXI century under climate change scenarios (RCP4.5 and RCP8.5). Ukr. gìdrometeorol. ž. – Ukr. hydrometeor. J., 2016, no. 17, pp. 117-122. http://uhmj.odeku.edu.ua/en/category/2016-en/17-en/ (In Ukrainian)
- Assessment of hydroecological state of the upper part of Khadzhibei estuary from Yegorovka to Altestove and development of recommendation on improvement of water regime and renovation of its biological resources. Final research report (research leader N.S. Loboda). Database of the State Scientific Organisation “Ukrainian Institute of Scientific and Technical Expertise and Information”, library of Odessa State Environmental University, State registration № 0111U010351, 2011. 263 p. (In Ukrainian)
- Sapko O. Yu., Tuchkovenko Yu. S. Tendencies in change of anthropogenic loading on off-shore waters of Odessa district of north-western part of Black Sea. Vìsn. Odes. derž. ekol. Unìv. – Bull. of OSENU, 2010, vol. 9, pp. 173-177. http://bulletin.odeku.edu.ua/en/ category/2010-en/9-en/ (In Russian)