About effectivity of the Kirkwood – Buff theory application for description of isothermal compressibility of binary mixture
Authors: Gerasymov O.I., Somov M.M.
The Kirkwood – Buff scenario for studying of compressibility is applied for the investigation of excess compressibility of binary mixture. Constitutive relations between the compressibility of mixture and the partial compressibilities has been obtained. The uncertainty of the KB approach in case of studying of the excess compressibility is outlined. Along the corrected data the parameterization of relevant experimental data has been done. A statistical interpretation of the Redlich – Kister approach is carried out along the line of pure phenomenological analysis.
Tags: excess isothermal compressibility; Kirkwood–Buff theory; Redlich–Kister theory; solutions; statistical physics
- F. Aliotta, J. Gapinski, R.C. Ponterio Excess compressibility in binary liquid mixture. //J.Chem. Phys. – 2007. – 126. – 224508.
- O. Redlich and A.T. Kister Algebraic representation of thermodynamic properties and the classification of solution. //Ind. Eng. Chem. – 1948.- 40.- p. 345-348.
- Jean-Pierre Hansen, Ian R. McDonald Theory of Simple Liquids. – Academic Press, 1976. – 426 p.
- Gerasymov O.I. Scattering of external radiation’s in statistical systems. Solved models. – Odessa: Mayak publishers, 1999. – 284 p.
- Герасимов О.І. Функції розподілу груп частинок у статистичній фізиці. – Одеса: “Екологія”, 2008. – 84 c.