Authors: Tuchkovenko Yu. S., Sapko O. Yu.
The assessment has been done on the base of the analysis of the data obtained in the last decade on indicators of water quality of the most problematic coastal anthropogenic sources impact causing the coastal water pollution near the city of Odessa (namely, of the activated sludge plant (ASP) “Severnaia” (Nothern) as well as of the marine discharges of drainage and storm waters) and of the changes that took place within XXI century. Consequently, the following conclusions were drawn. As a result of a significant decrease in the volume of municipal sewage, the amount of suspended and organic substances, ammonium nitrogen, supplied by ASP “Severnaya” into the water environment, has decreased, whereas the quantity of nitrites and nitrates significantly has increased. Therefore, the purification technology and equipment used by the activated sludge plant (ASP) “Severnaya” needs to be modernized urgently. Along with the tendency to quality improving of the municipal sewage coming to the coastal sea area through the drainage system, one can find out too that there are cases of illegal discharge of domestic waste water into it. The uncontrolled flow of contaminated sewage through storm water drain outflows leads to a significant deterioration in the quality of sea water not only in the areas of the discharges names above, but also negatively affects the ecological situation in the entire coastal recreational zone of Odessa. Due to the illegal connections of physical and legal entities to the storm water drainage system for discharging domestic sewage, the quality of the water in the areas of storm drain outflows may deteriorate to the level of unpurified sewage waters. One can observe too that there continues to be a water discharge flow through storm water drain system even if there is no rainfalls or atmospheric fallouts. As a consequence, the actions were set to realize the aim of reducing negative influence of drainage and stormwater drainage on the quality of sea water in the coastal recreational zone of the city.
Tags: anthropogenic pollution impact sources; Odessa region; the Black Sea; антропогенні джерела забруднення; антропогенні джерела забруднення; Одеський район; Одеський район; Чорне море; Чорне море
- Tuchkovenko Yu. S., Ivanov V. A., Sapko О. Yu. Otsenka vliyaniya beregovykh antropogennykh istochnikov na kachestvo vod Odesskogo ragiona severo-zapadnoy chasti Chernogo morya [Assessment of the coastal anthropogenic sources impact on water quality in north-western part of Black Sea near Odessa]. Marine Hydrophysical Institute of NASU, Od. State Environmental Un-ty, Sevastopol: SPC “EKOSI-Gidrofizika”, 2011. 169 p.
- Tekhnologiya ochistky stochnykh vod [Technology of sew-age treatment]. Infoksvodokanal: http://infoxvod.com.ua/ information/tehnologiya_ochistki_stochnih_vod
- Tuchkovenko Yu. S., Sapko O. Yu. Vìsn. Odes. derž. ekol. unìv. – Bull. of OSENU, 2011, vol. 12, pp. 178-191. http://bulletin.odeku.edu.ua/uk/category/2011-uk/12-uk/#post-2956 (In Russian)
- Tuchkovenko Yu. S., Visochanskaya Yu. V. Shortcomings of the EIA project of the deep sea offshore sewage disposal “Severnaya”. Ekolohiya mist ta rekreatsiynykh zon: zbirnyk dop. ta statei Vseukr. Naukovo-praktychn. Konf. (m. Odesa, 31 travnia – 1 chervnia 2012r. [Ecology of cities and rec-reation areas: Coll. of reports and articles of Allukr. scien-tific practical conf. (Odessa, May 31 – June 1, 2012)]. Odessa: INVAZ, 2012, pp. 120-123 (In Russian)
- Vnukova N. V. Bull. of the Kharkiv National Automobile and Highway University, 2015, vol. 70, pp. 55–60. (In Ukrainian)
- Volkov A. I. Man and environment. Issues of neoecology, 2012, vol. 1-2, pp. 46-50. (In Russian)
- Levkovska V. Yu. Tavria Med. & Biolog. Bulletin, 2013, vol. 16, № 4 (64), pp. 99-102. (In Ukrainian)
- Mykhailiuk O. L. Scientific bulletin. Odesa State Ekon. Unìv. All Ukrainian Association of Young Scientists. Sci-ences: Economics, Politology, History, 2015, no. 1 (221), pp. 104-116 (In Ukrainian)
- Project of the marketable discharge permits of the slipped return waters discharge by “Infoksvodokanal” branch into the inner waters the Black Sea and the Dnister river. SE “UkrSRNI”, Odessa, 2010, 209 p. (In Russian)
- Diatlov S. Ye., Patlatiuk Ye. G., Nikanorov V. A., Adobovskii V. V. et al. Kachestvo drenazhnykh vod, livnevykh i stochnykh vod, sbrasyvaiemykh v more i Khadzibeyskii li-man [Quality of the drainage, fall-out & waste waters discharged into the sea and the Khadjibay coastal lake]. Odes-sa: INVAZ, 2002, pp. 69-73.
- Diatlov S.Y e., Koshelev A. V., Adobovskiy V. V., Sekundiak L. Yu., Podpliotnaia N. F., Kirsanova E. V., Deviatykh G. N., Zaporozhets S. A. Sci. notes of the Ternopil National Ped. Univer., 2015, no. 3-4 (64), pp. 203-207. (In Russian)
- Skrypnyk I. A., Podpliotnaia N. F., Sekundiak L. Yu., Kirsanova Ye. V., Pavliutina L. P. The ecological safety of the coastal and shelf sea areas as well as the complex use of the shelf sea reserves. Collec. of Sci. Works. Sabastopol, 2009, Issue 17, pp. 315-319. http://dspace.nbuv.gov.ua/ handle/123456789/19308 (In Russian)
- Goncharov A. Yu. Raznitsa mezhdu “SBO” kurilshchika” i “SBO zdorovogo cheloveka” [Difference between “an activated sludge plant (ASP) smoker” and “an activated sludge plant (ASP) healthy man”]. Publication work of March 29, 2016 in the public group: Khadjibay coastal lake – rehabilitation and development: https://www.facebook.com/ groups/125941511079338/?fref=ts
- Khimiko-bakteriologicheskiye pokazateli ochishchenykh vod, sbrasyvayemykh stantsiey biologicheskoy ochistki “Severnaia” v Chernoye more po sostoyaniyu na 29.02.2016, 14.03.2016, 14.04.2016 [Chemico-bacteriological indicators of the purified waters, discharged by the activated sludge plant (ASP) “Severnaia” (Nothern) into the Black Sea as on Mar 5, 2016, Mar 14, 2016, Apr 14, 2016.]: http://infoxvod.com.ua/information/ kachestvo_ochistki_stochnih_vod
- Smradnyie reki, musornyie berega [Stinking rivers and littered river-banks]: https://www.youtube.com/ watch?v=nIvXEpM2fMI
- Abusam A., Shahalam A. B. Wastewater reuse in Kuwait: Opportunities and constraints. The Sustainable City VIII, 2013, vol. 2, pp. 745-754. https://www.researchgate.net/ publiction/269058606_Wastewater_reuse_in_Kuwait_Opportunities_and_constraints (accessed 10.08.2017).
- Sandeep Kumar Gautam, Divya Sharma, Jayant Kumar Tripathi, Saroj Ahirwar, Sudhir Kumar Singh. A study of the effectiveness of sewage treatment plants in Delhi region. Appl Water Sci, 2013, no. 3, pp. 57–65. http://link.springer.com.sci-hub.io/article/10.1007/s13201-012-0059-9 (accessed 10.08.2017).
- U.S. Environmental Protection Agency. Region 10. Advanced Wastewater Treatment to Achieve Low Concentration of Phosphorus. EPA 910-R-07-002. Seattle, WA. (April). 2007. http://www.epa.gov/region10/pdf/tmdl/ awt_report.pdf (accessed: 29.03.2016)
- Normatyvy hranychno dopustymykh kontsentratsiy osnovnykh zabrudnyuyuchykh rechovyn u vnutrishnikh vodakh ta terytorialnomu mori Ukrainy. Pravyla okhorony vnutrishnikh morskykh vod i terytorialnoho moria vid zabrudnennia ta zasmichcennia [Regulatory limit standards of the main polluting substances of allowed concentrations in the inner sea waters and territorial sea of Ukraine . Safety rules of the inner sea waters and territorial sea protection against polluting and clogging approved]: 29.02.1996, no 269 (ed. 26.12.2015): http://zakon2.rada.gov.ua/laws/show/269-96-%D0%BF
- Videozapis otkrytogo soveshchaniya ot 14.08.2017 v Gosudarstvennoy ekologicheskoy inspektsii severo-zapadnogo regiona Chernogo moria [Video record of the public meeting of Aug 14, 2017 at the State Ecological Inspection for the North-West area of the Black Sea.]: https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=1990&v=M2TO0n2Gtd0
- Odin iz krasiveishikh odesskikh pliazhei zabrosali fekaliiami: ot gorsoveta net reaktsii [One of the most beautiful beaches of Odessa was clogged with human waste: the City Council doesn’t say a word.]: https://www.048.ua/news/1729947