Authors: E.A. Galich, B.A. Bondarenko
Introduction. Studies in the field of climate changes of the Earth and its regions are one of the main priorities for Earth science in recent years. Among numerous works on the “global warming” subject, the direction, in which close attention is paid to the study of mechanisms and causes of dynamics of quasistationary atmosphere action centers and atmospheric circulation indices, is recently formed.
Results. In the paper the features of the statistical structure of surface atmospheric pressure fields in the Northern Pacific are described for the period of 1957-2014. The seasonal dynamics of atmospheric activity centers such as Aleutian Depression and Honolulu High are studied. For systems of baric centers in the Pacific Ocean development of its characteristics in natural orthogonal functions are carried out. The principal components of the fields of atmospheric surface pressure are obtained and their statistical analysis is conducted. Using the Fourier transform method, statistically significant hidden periodicities are revealed in the time series of the principal components. By means of smoothing of time series of the principal components, long-term fluctuations and trends are determined.
Tags: centers of action; main components; periodicity; structur epressure fields
- Bardyn M.Iu., Polonskyi A.B. Yzvestye RAN Seryia Fyzyky atmosfery y okeana -News RAS Atmospheric and Oceanic Physics, 2005, vol. 41, no 2. pp. 141-157.
- Voskresenskaia E.N., Polonskyi A.B. Morskoi hydrofyzycheskyi zhurnal- Marine Hydrophysical Journal, 1992, no 4, pp. 23-30.
- Sidorenkov N.S. Trudy hydromettsentra SSSR – Proceedings of the Hydrometeorological Center of the USSR, 1991, vol. 316. pp. 31-44.
- Sluzhba dannikh ЕСMWF ERA-40. Available at: http://www.ecmwf.int/products/data.
- Shkolnyi Ie.P., Loeva I.D., Goncharova L.D. Obrobka ta analiz hidrometeorolohichnoi ynformatsii [Processing and analysis of data the hydrometeorological]. Kiiv,1999. 578 p.
- Smirnov N.P., Vorobev V.N. Severo-Tykhookeanskoe kolebanye y dynamyka klymata v severnoi chasty Tykhoho okeana [North Pacific Oscillation and climate dynamics in the North Pacific]. St. Petersburgh: RSGU, 2002. 122 p.
- German Dj.P., Golberg Р.А. Solntse, pohoda y klymat [The sun, the weather and climate]. Leningrad, Gidrometeoizdat, 1981. 417 p.
- Mak-Kormak B., Seligi Т. Solnechno-zemnie sviazy, pohoda y klymat [Solar-terrestrial relations, weather and climate]. Moscow, 1982. 547 р.
- Latif M., Barnett T. Causes of Decadal climate variability over the North Pacific and North America. Science, 1994, vol. 266, pp. 634-637.
- Minobe S. Bidecadal and pentadecadal climatic oscillation over the North Pasific and North America. J.Fac. Sci.Hokkaido Univ.Ser., 1998, vol. 11, no 2, pp. 393-409.